The Staff of Heart Beat Inc. would like to wish
Season’s Greetings and a Happy 2014
to all of our Customers and Friends.
Welcome to Heart Beat Inc.
Based in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Heart Beat Inc. has been training people in First Aid and CPR since 1984. From a humble start with a few manikins, and a home-based business, we have evolved into a successful training centre, offering courses in all levels of First Aid and CPR, ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) as well as Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Trauma Life Support programs (ITLS) and NOW Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
Our product line is growing again. If you are looking for something that is not on our website, please contact us, we will do our best to help. Here are our most popular suppliers:
Authorized Training Programs
Product Of The Month:
The Prestan AED Trainer
The Prestan Professional AED Trainer provides quality, durability and affordability like no other trainer in the market. Clear, confident voice instructions that provide easy-to-follow directions and preconfigured scenarios make training students easier. Remote is optional and sold separately (#PP-AEDT-100-R). Comes with a One Year Warranty.
- English/French capability
- Compatible with any CPR manikins
- Can be used to train in both semi-automatic and fully-automatic versions
- Metronome and counts upward by 10Æs ending at 30 to help the student with chest compressions
- Includes a scenario, volume control, and language button
- Includes 5 scenarios
- Pads can be used at least 25-30 times during CPR/AED classes
- Contains a pad testing system
- Pads are pre-connected
- Pads have an embedded sensor in the pad which senses that the AED Trainer pads are attached to the manikin torso
- The silicone base adhesive on the pads, coupled with the foam structure, ensure easy application & removal
- Module contains most up to date guidelines and language capability
- When guidelines change, only the module needs to be replaced.
- 1 Prestan Professional AED Trainer with 5 English and French pre-programmed scenarios
- 1 Set of Adult Pads and Connectors
- 1 Instructional Manual
- 1 Carrying Case
- 4 C Batteries, installed
Click here for further information and pricing.
Prestan AED Trainers are also sold in a set of 4, click here for further information and pricing.
Click here to view a Video of the features of the Prestan Professional AED Trainer.
Prestan Family Pack Manikins
Realistic to the eye and the touch, the Prestan manikin is unlike any other on the market. Available individually or in convenient multipacks for class training purposes, their manikins are uniquely designed as a clam-shell that accommodates an easy-to-insert face shield lung bag. Prestan’s revolutionary new CPR Rate Monitor allows for instant feedback to both instructor and student regarding the rate of chest compression. This allows each student to gauge their rate of compressions on their own as well as allowing the instructor to monitor several students quickly and easily.
- Two (2) Adult Manikins (with CPR Monitor)
- One (1) Child Manikin(with CPR Monitor)
- Two (2) Infant Manikins (with CPR Monitor)
- 20 Adult Face-Shield Lung Bags
- 10 Child Face-Shield Lung Bags
- 20 Infant Face-Shield Lung Bags
- Instruction Sheet
- Nylon Carrying Case
Click here for further information and pricing.
Click here to view a Video of the features on Prestan Manikins.
Watch a CBC Marketplace report on the importance of accessability to AEDs in public places here
Up Coming PALS Course
(Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
Date: Monday February 3 AND Tuesday February 4, 2014.
Time: 8AM to 4PM both days.
Lunch is included.
Alternate Dates for PALS Courses:Click Here
Group Rates: Group Rates are available. Contact us at 204-488-4439 or Email for pricing.
PRE-REQUISITE: Current HSFM BLS-HCP certificate, BLS-HCP Card (within one year of the date of your PALS course).
You will be required to do a pre-test prior to the start of the course. Retraining every two years is strongly recommended.
The PALS Provider course is designed for health-care professionals who initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies and for health-care students seeking first-time or renewed PALS-training credentials.
PALS Course Content
- Recognition and treatment of infants and children at risk for cardiopulmonary arrest
- Systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- Effective respiratory management
- Validation of skills for one-person and two-person CPR and AED skills for infants and children
- Defibrillation and synchronized cardioversion
- Intraosseous access and fluid bolus administration
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
Approximate length of course: 14 hours
Students must pass a written exam and a skills test in order to qualify for a PALS Provider Course Completion Card.
PALS Provider Course includes manual and shipping.
Classes are held at the Heart Beat Inc. Training Centre Classroom, 2-1692 Dublin Avenue in Winnipeg.
Please review the manual prior to the course date, and bring it with you to the course.
Up Coming ASIST 11 Course
(Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
Click Here to Go to Cart
Date: Monday March 17 AND Tuesday March 18, 2014.
Time: 8:30AM to 4:30PM both days.
Lunch is included.
The Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) workshop is for caregivers who want to feel more comfortable, confident and competent in helping to prevent the immediate risk of suicide. Over a million caregivers have received this training. Just as “CPR” skills make physical first aid possible, training in suicide intervention develops the skills needed for life assisting suicide first aid. ASIST is a two-day intensive, interactive and practice-dominated course designed to help caregivers learn how to intervene to prevent the immediate risk of suicide and provide safety-for-now.
The workshop is designed for all caregivers (any person over age 15 in a position of trust). This includes professionals, paraprofessionals and lay people. It is suitable for mental health professionals, nurses, physicians, pharmacists, teachers, counselors, youth workers, police and correctional staff, school support staff, clergy, and community volunteers. In ASIST, sophisticated helping concepts are translated into generic language so that different types of caregivers can learn together. ASIST is the most widely used suicide intervention training program in the world. Additional information is available online at http://www.livingworks.net
There is free onsite parking at Heart Beat Inc, but space is limited.
A 1 day refresher is recommended after 3 years, and a complete course after 5 years.
IN THE NEWS Heart Beat Inc. AED goes to Mt. Kilimanjaro
Dr. Neil McGee and Dr. Paul Doucet, on the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, Tanzania with a Philips AED, courtesy of Heart Beat Inc.